Special Needs Network in collaboration with UCLA CART (Center for Autism Research & Treatment)
Where: UCLA CART
760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Special Needs Network is proud to partner with Dr. Daniel Geschwind, Director of UCLA CART, was awarded 5- year $10+ mil. Research grant from NIH (National Institutes of Health) which would include expanding his investigations to include the genetics of autism in the key but underserved population of African-American families.
• have an African American child with autism or one that is “suspected” to be on the spectrum
• want to learn more about what causes autism in African Americans
• want to be a part of a ground-breaking genetics project that can help improve the lives of individuals with autism
• want to meet other families of kids with autism
• want to get valuable resources that can help your child and family
• want to make some extra cash
Day-long event // At least 1 parent or caregiver must be present // Free food, resources, and childcare // Participants can be of any age // Families will be compensated $250.00, plus $150 for each additional child with ASD subject to meeting eligibility requirements // Families must be willing to participate in prescreening interviews, and complete pre and post event questionnaires and surveys.
Contact JuanCarlos Garcia at Special Needs Network at JuanCarlos@specialneedsnetwork.org or call 323-291-7100 and learn how you can help Special Needs Network and UCLA enhance the lives of African-American children living with autism and related developmental disorders.