9:00 am - 12:30pm
August 12, 2017
Special Needs Network Inc.
Parent Advocacy Mentor (PAM) Program Cycle 22
This 8 week, 25-hour intensive training program provides parents and caretakers with the tools necessary to become more effective advocates for children with special needs and become mentors to other parents. The program focuses on understanding systems of care, accessing regional center services, developing successful IEPs, public speaking, community organizing, and coalition building.
Graduates of the PAM program learn how to:
• How to be an advocate for change
• Coping strategies for grief and stress
• Identify resources and navigate systems of care
• Find success with IEPs, regional centers, and with other agencies
• Testify at public hearings
• Form a support group
Every 3-hour training session is held on a Saturday and includes child care, materials, breakfast, and personalized support… and it’s FREE!